Friday, April 15, 2011

a delightful discovery

when i was a kid i absolutely loved betty crocker's rainbow chip frosting. there is nothing else like it in the world! then, suddenly, i couldn't find it at the grocery store anymore. pillsbury's stupid "funfetti" was everywhere but no rainbow chip :( i remember a couple of my friends telling me that they randomly found some at this store or that store but they never had more than a couple on the shelf. eventually i forgot about it because i was tired of getting my hopes up and never finding any. a week or so ago i did some googling and found out that they do indeed still make it, just not as much as they used to and not very many stores carry it. i decided that i would look for it at every store i went to just in case someone in my area happened to carry it.

tonight my nephew came to spend the night with no pajamas so we had to run to walmart to get some. we were going to go to target but i said i wanted to go to walmart to check to see if they had any rainbow chip frosting there and look what i found!


i found four on the shelf and you better believe i bought all of them. i may use cake mixes now and again but i always make my own frosting but i am beyond excited at the prospect of using this! i sent this picture to my sister and our friend kate and kate responded that she would buy one from me if i was willing to sell it. i told her that i was obviously planning on giving one to her, i wouldn't taunt her by just sending a picture. i asked my sister if she wanted one or if she just wanted me to share whenever i use it and she opted for latter. obviously i'm going to do plain white cupcakes for one can and i'm thinking of doing some sort of sugar cookie whoopie pie with this frosting in the middle, and then i'll probably save the last one for a rainy day. 

No comments: